Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Because I CAN

A moment of truth: I got to vote today. Despite the snarkiness of last post on the Electoral College (I mean, let's face it, who DOESN'T get upset when talking about the Electoral College?), I am STOKED about today. Why? I am so glad you asked.
There used to be a time when someone who looked like me was not allowed to vote. No matter how broken the system may be, I put on my red, white and blue and I voted today. You want to know why? BECAUSE I CAN. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I also voted this year for the first time. Despite everyone saying that your vote doesn't matter in California because of the electoral college, I voted. In fact, California only became a blue state with the election of Bill Clinton. California went to Republican George H.W. Bush in 1988 and Republican Ronald Reagan before him in 1984. I think the voters in California really respond to the candidate rather than their political affiliation. So I voted this year and did my part in helping California REMAIN BLUE because it's only a matter of time before it's a contested state again.

    ReplyDelete